Ends in Period
- and escaped period indicates a period (\.)
- a dollar sign indicates a forced end of the line
- an asterisk "e;*"e; indicates that the previous pattern may or maynot exist, and it may repeat numeriuos times.
- A period with an asterisk after it represents any number of characters
- Anchoring is important in most implimentations of regex. Its not always obvious when do use them as can often get away with not using them. In general. If you are expecting an end of string. Explicitly tell regex that are you. Using an anchor also makes it run faster.